Sunday, November 30, 2008

Keith Haring

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving. How about the Keith Haring float in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade? What a great choice for a visual artist- perhaps the artist to best represent New York City, perfect style for a parade, his foundation continues to fund childrens' programs across the country, he was a social activist- great choice! I was just excited to see that an artist had a float.

What a cool artist, I've always been a fan. I'm so glad to see him recognized. If you're not familiar with his work- look him up. His work is just a high dose of happiness wrapped up into a visual language.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keith Haring's art has appeared on Sesame Street. Now that's mainstream!

Anonymous said...

Haring is my favorite artist!
I Loooooove your work as well. So cool!!!!

Anonymous said...

Was Haring one of your influences? Your use of color, composition and style do remind me of Haring in a way. You have your own style, but there are hints of a Haring influence. That's what I thought when looking. I love your work, it's very exciting.

James Wodarek said...

Thank you for the kind words Art Girl. I always liked Haring's work. I may have been influenced more by the pop culture of the 80s rather than any one specific artist. I love the bold imagery, colors and energy of Haring, Warhol and Lichtenstein.

Thanks again for your comments.