Thursday, November 6, 2008

New Artist Statement

So here is my new Artist Statement. It better reflects my philosophy of art, living and why we do the things we do. Perhaps it better tells what goes on inside my head than the last statement. Hope you like it.

Artist Statement:
The artworks I create represent the bold, upbeat nature of life. Life is exciting and passionate- I want my art to reflect the excitement life offers us everyday. I want my art to represent the pure beauty of the moment.

The reward for living in the moment is the heightened awareness of the sounds, scents, tastes and sights that represent the pure beauty of life. These rewards are available to us every moment in the form of a smile, through laughter, in the taste and scents of your favorite foods, in an evening breeze or the sounds of nature.

My art is about everyday and everyone. It's about living in the moment, it's about you and me and all of the things we find interesting, funny, exciting, care free and enjoyable. It's about the discovery and rediscovery of your environment, of yourself. It's about the first sip of a great tasting coffee, a song that makes you want to sing along, a passionate kiss, a nostalgic moment, a sense of empowerment, it's about the choice to embrace life.

3 comments:

LoveBug said...

Beautiful statement. I love the new art!

Unknown said...

I was, but I wasn't shocked to see that you had made the journey from abstract art to pop art - maybe a bit of Martha's influence. Since you (and pardon me if my interpretation is a bit off) consider your new art to be a reflection of life, did you consider your abstract work to be an outward expression of introspection?

Thanks for keeping me informed and a part of your creative journey.

James Wodarek said...

Thanks Marisa. Martha has had a great influence on the new work. You raise a good question- I do consider the art to be a reflection of life- my life at this time. The art I have done in the past was a reflection of where I was at that point. Thanks for stopping in. Hope you're well.