Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sacred Places

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I slept in till 9 this morning (woohoo!), and then went to the dojo and trained for 2 hours. We trained with swords today- I still have all my fingers and limbs, so it's all good!

I went to the Carnegie Museum this afternoon. I spent every Saturday of my childhood in the Carnegie attending art classes, so now as an adult, the museum is one of those sacred places where I can go to think, to disappear, to get inspired and revisit my childhood all at once. I finished my day at Del's in Bloomfield. For those outside of Pittsburgh, that's an Italian restaurant in a little Pittsburgh neighborhood known as Little Italy.

There are so many great things about Pittsburgh, but that's a whole new post. So-where is YOUR sacred place? Now the last time I asked a question, I received dozens of emails from friends telling me their answers (favorite artist). Stop being so shy and answer with a post.

Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oakland is the best place to get lost for awhile. The new art is amazing. See you soon!