Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Taliesin

What a nice surprise I received yesterday- my friend Mary Margaret and her very cool daughter Cristina recently visited Taliesin, the home and architectural school of Frank Lloyd Wright - and they thought of me while browsing the gift shop! (I am a museum gift store junkie by the way, I love them!). So I now have a very cool, signature cherokee red Frank Lloyd Wright coffee mug.

I was just talking about architecture recently on one of my blog posts. What I love most about Frank Lloyd Wright is his philosophy that people are most content when living in harmony with nature rather than imposing themselves upon it. His designs reflect that philosophy.

I am amazed Hollywood hasn't done a movie on Frank Lloyd Wright. Most famous architectect in history- his family was murdered by one of the house staff members and Taliesin was nearly burned to the ground. Wright vowed to rebuild, and he did. He considered Taliesin his masterpiece. Amazing story, no? And just when everyone had sent Wright off into the sunset, he produced Falling Water for the Kaufmann family. Could that story be any more dramatic?

Anyway, my coffee tastes better today in my new Frank Lloyd Wright mug.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHH- Frank Lloyd Wright's--ORGANIC ARCHITECTURE!

Can you imagine how much healthy and happier and probably more evolved if our society and it's architecture was Organic?

I bet violent crime would go down at least %50.

Anonymous said...

Crazy- I didn't know his bio. Thanks for the insight!