Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Who is your favorite artist??

Who is your favorite Artist? I love that question. I ask it all the time. My favorites? They have changed over the years, afterall, how can you love just one? At the moment I have to say Andy Warhol, Henri Matisse, Jackson Pollock and Peter Max. There are many others, but these are my favorites today.

Now if I had to guess the favorites of some of my artist friends, I would say that painters Michael Fratangelo will choose Kandinsky, Paul Lakits will go with Norman Rockwell, even though he can talk for hours about Adolf Gottlieb and Chris Panza is going to offer up either Sargeant or Rubens. Cassandra, you will probably go with either me, Don or Rich- no, just kidding, I am guessing Warhol for you. Ronna, I am thinking that you still love Dali enough to give him the honor. Ray- M.C. Escher because of his technical ability.

As for the friends that are not artists (but still very cool people, of course- otherwise we wouldn't be friends!) I am guessing that you fall into the following categories: Monet, Raphael, Picasso just because they are the favorites of so many people. Someone surprise me with a Rothko or DeKooning!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Willem De Kooning
Damnien Hirst

James Wodarek said...

Thank you for checking in Jon! I should have listed you as a superstar graphic designer.

Anonymous said...

I've always had a soft spot for Warhol, but when I stand in front of a Rothko, it's a whole different experience. Have you ever had the opportunity to visit the Rothko room at the Tate Modern?...breathtaking!

James Wodarek said...

Cassandra, You're awesome- great comment- great experience. I love Rothko.

Cassie Kay said...

Giotto di Bondone. I'm such a rebel :)