Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Most Inspiring Mind in History

So what are we saying in that last post? Refuse to conform in your search inward!

Considering important radical thinkers in history, those who refused to follow the mainstream- Who, in history do you find most impressive, most inspiring?

Einstein, Elvis, Beethoven, da Vinci, Newton, Galileo, Darwin, Martin Luther King, Lincoln, Gandhi? Even Jesus- he didn't end up on that cross because his teachings were popular with the establishment, he ended up there because his teachings were radical for the time.

There is no wrong answer.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Jarvik said...

I think Guttenberg might be the most important in terms of advancement of the species. After his press was invented, literacy spread at a rapid rate due to the mass production of books and literature.

This is a very good question to consider.

RowA7 said...

Abraham Lincoln- my hero.

Cassie Kay said...

Leonardo da Vinci! I was so lucky to visit his chateau in France last summer, and I saw all the amazing things he accomplished that were waaaay before his time. He was an artist, scientist, engineer, mathematician, inventor, musician... and he was a vegetarian - I always tell people that, too! It honestly just blows me away to think of how diverse his talents were.

Club Cat said...

Eric Clapton made me want to play guitar, which changed my life.

T said...

I remember listening to Martin Luther King, Jr. in my college dorm room. I listened on headphones so no one knew what I was doing. It was such a powerful connection.

Thank you for sending me down memory lane. That was a very important part of my life. Dr. King is my personal choice.

T-Rex said...

I never considered Guttenberg. That's a great point to make Jarvik. My thought is that Jesus was the most influential person to walk the earth, considering how many Christians there are in the world.