Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weekend ramblings, poetry readings and the opera

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Mine was busy but relaxing. I had coffee while watching a a poetry reading (the very cool Cristina who brought me the Frank Lloyd Wright mug from an earlier post did a fantastic job). I also watched a few acoustic players sing their own material. Saturday night I was out late gambling and I'm suffering for it today. It was fun though.

Speaking of poetry readings, it's not something you see too often other than in New York City. I love when poetry readings are accompanied by musicians- add a jazz trio to a poet and you have a great combination. Pittsburgh needs someone to put together an act and get it out there- beatniks and bohemians would come out of the woodwork to attend. Count me in.

Now that I'm on the topic of Pittsburgh's cultural district, La Boheme (opera) is showing here at the end of the month. For my dear friends who haven't attended the opera, this is the one! Take my advice and go. Even if you've never listened to opera, do yourself a favor. Get tickets, walk in with a clear mind and you will walk out of there saying "wow, that was amazing".

That's about it for now, simple minded ramblings are all I have to offer you this evening. I appreciate all the wonderful comments and your participation in the blog. I do like to sit back and read what you are all thinking about. It's your blog too, I am just providing the web address, so keep it coming. And all of you stalkers who are just reading, it's time for you to join in too. You know you want to!

Have a great day. Good luck suffering through Monday morning. Talk to you soon!

Ciao.

p.s. I have a few new artworks in progress that I really love. I'm anxious to share them with you.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

VeRy InTerEsTiNg Jim...Hmmm..all u stalkers?? LOL...Can't waIt 2 hear what u say next..Haha... I must say..I do enjoy ur reading ur blog...Have a Great Night Everyone...

Anonymous said...

Oops...always in a hurry...lol

Anonymous said...

Okay so I'm a stalker! I love the blog, very funny comments last week, I really enjoy visiting here. Happy Monday!

Mimzie said...

Rough Monday morning! Ugh...Why is it then when we gain an hour of sleep everyone is happy, and when we lose an hour the crabby monster comes out! LOL! Stalkers? Who exactly is classified as a stalker? LOL! The only way I personally would attend an opera is if Jimmy took us on a field trip there. HeHeHe....Can't wait to see the new art. Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

Am I a stalker or a creeper? Neither silly, this is my first post!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not a stalker, I'm a lurker. There's a difference! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Monday! I'm actually not grouchy...I do agree with the field trip Ha HA... I think he SHOULD take us...although he would be Mr. serious... I do think that little rocker girl and i may go...Jim, will we be assigned homework??? LOL! Yea we KNOW wE'rE not the stalkers...LOL!! Welcome Chara...join the madness...thanks for chimming in!!! HaVe a GReAt DaY EvErYOnE!

Anonymous said...

Don't be a lurker or a stalker...just join in...it's fun in here!!

Anonymous said...

Ciao JAmes! ANother stalker coming clean! Love your site!!!

Anonymous said...

a field trip? so funny. the stalkers- even better!! we are all stalkers in a way aren't we?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm..Stalkers??? Or does Jim some how find a way 2 lure us in?? LOL..The field trip idea was good..huh?? Well he is a GoOoOod teacher in opening r minds 2 new things....and apparently he helps people clear their conscience 2...lol

Mimzie said...

Ok....I got it! we'll have Jimmy take us to the Opera..then....we will take HIM to the mud wrestling match. An even trade if you ask me! It's a good thing this isn't an EMERGENCY cause' I'm still waiting on Dr.Rob....I would be dead by now. LOL! Luring definately better than stalking. Stalking sounds like we're a bunch of hookers waiting on the corner...Luring at least sounds like we're fishing with big yuccy worms or something. Like I said before, i know Jimmy is enjoying all this attention. Welcome new comers....you gotta lot of catching up to do : ) Goodnight!

Mimzie said...

One last note....so after I left this site 5 minutes ago I will admit that I at least copied and pasted La Boheme into Google. I entertained the thought of trusting Jimmy on this one and going to the opera. I thought this for about 2 seconds until I saw that tickets are like $188 each! I am all about a challenge but that is insane. Maybe we need Dr.Rob moneybags to take us to the opera instead...LOL!

Anonymous said...

You can get opera tickets for as low as $16 if you sit in the balcony.

James is luring in the girls? What's great about his style is that he is always so cool and relaxed, that's what lures us. You guys that are pushy and forward need to go away. James reminds me of James Dean. Cool, handsome, shy, confident....why aren't there more men like that?? Okay, so I'm a fan!

Have a great night! And go check out those $16 tickets. I've been to the opera before. It's worth it.

-Angie

Anonymous said...

Angie..we are not pushy..and WE are not going away..you don't have to tell us about Jim..We know!!..As far as the tickets go we know that 2...Mimzie..you were pretty funny...yea where did Dr.Rob go?? Did you change his batteries??LOL...Agree with the swap..although..I don't think Jim.will go ANYWHERE near the mud..lol...

Mimzie said...

Angie's first impression...not a good one! We are NOT pushy, just suppporting Jimmy and having fun. Obviously Angie has some reading to do from previous posts to see how we all got here LOL! Jimmy is boycotting the mud. Maybe we should JELLO wrestle...then Jimmy won't get dirty just slimy!

Anonymous said...

I said "You guys that are pushy and forward need to go away". Talking about GUYS(not girls). You know the type. I wasn't calling any of you in here pushy.

Anonymous said...

I do agree with you Mimzie...what's up with Angie??? Apparently she didn't see our last blogs...LOL! WE r just having a lil fun...WE DO SUPPORT JIMMY! So what's the big deal...On a better note...I do like the jello wrestling idea...just thinking about Jimmy's "perfect hair" getting messed up makes me laugh! So SeE U oN ThE FlIp SiDE! :)

Mimzie said...

He said he wouldn't get "dirty", not "slimy". I agree Jimmy's perfect Barbie doll hair would look kinda funny if it was unperfected! C'mon Jimmy....post something GOOD, really GOOD-that will make us laugh! I know you must have something in there to share with us.....

Anonymous said...

LOL...yes that would be InTeReStInG...HmMm...Love the Barbie reference...almost quiting time!

Anonymous said...

Alrighty than Angie...Just come on and join in.....