Thursday, March 19, 2009

Free Yourself

Today I spoke with a friend of mine from high school. He was telling me that he has reached a point in his career where he needs a change. He wants to be a writer. It takes great courage to follow a dream, but that first step, no matter how difficult it may seem, is really the only way to free your self from... yourself.

What if Elvis decided that music wasn't in the cards? What if Van Gogh decided that as a preacher, changing his career to that of an artist was nothing more than a frivilous thought? I can go on and on here. The point is that the only way to truly find yourself and be yourself is to completely embrace your passion. Create your own reality. Andy said he wants to become a writer. Truth is, he already is a writer, and a very good one.

Here's my advice for the day: become the person you've always wanted to be. Do it today. You owe it to yourself.

Have a great weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great advice.

Anonymous said...

and that is why you are tha man j-bones. the muther f'n, zombie slayin man. forget the java, have a heapin cup of j-bones and his brain to clear your clutter!
knowledge and reason are the new drugs, thanks for pushin!

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!!

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful thoughts that you share.

We first discovered your art in 2003 and have added you to our collection. You do simply beautiful work. I will share this blog address with our friends.

Good luck to you and yours.

Cassie Kay said...

Awesome advice! That really cheered up my day!

Anonymous said...

"It's stupid to postpone something U know U WANT"..Life is 2 SHORT!!

Janelle said...

I had that realization about 2 or so weeks ago. Its crazy and 'unrealistic' to some people, but I can't possibly be ok sitting here letting my life pass me by with regrets. It's hard and frustrating and I know it is kind of crazy but its my dream. I want to sing. If I do something with my voice and just touch one person, than at least I have that to hold onto and know that I did it even on some tiny level.

*Heres to dreaming!*