Thursday, March 26, 2009

Britney Spears

Britney Spears graced the cover of today's Post Gazette arts magazine and she looks absolutely stunning. After I said "wow" and did a double take, I thought to myself, good for her, I hope the tour is a huge success.

It wasn't that long ago that Britney was dealing with personal problems and the whole world was hanging on the edge of their seats, enjoying every moment. How shameful. This girl has been a first rate entertainer producing top ten records since she was 16 years old. She experienced troubled times and all of a sudden it was funny to tell jokes of her demise.

People love to see a star fall though, don't they? The media couldn't get enough, hoping her situation would worsen so they could continue to revel in her misfortune. Is that the nature of people or the nature of the media? Regardless, it looks like she is back in favor and again I say, good for her!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Britney!! She looks beautiful on the new cd too. Sooooo- where are all the haters now?

LoveBug said...

Love her! Love the new cd and she looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

The destruction of a pop star is a better sale. That's what people really want, they feel better about themselves when they see someone else fail. Not a happy message to leave on a Friday, but that's the skinny.

Mimzie said...

Britney rocks! Good for her to become more than she was before. It's ashame that she had to hit the bottom of the barrel to find the attention she was looking for. But, I think it made her realize that going over the edge is not as glamorous as she thought it was going to be. She, like many of us learned the hard way. Now she is looking hotter than ever, trying her best to be a good mom, and getting the positive energy she needs to be successful. Go Britney!

Anonymous said...

It's true people want to see the beauty queen destroyed- it's the dark side of human nature.

I too am glad too see Britney prevail.

Happy Friday everyone!

LBR said...

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Britney! I wish her nothing but the best. I was not one of the people who enjoyed watching her fall. The media should have left her alone! Would you like all of your personal problems out there for everyone in the world to be judging you?? Probably not. Anyway I can't believe I'm missing her show tonight - I've been to all of them in Pittsburgh. However where I'm going tonight will be a lot more fun!!!