Sunday, March 15, 2009

Celebrity Dream Team

So, all of this talk about Warhol, Basquiat and Connolly has me wondering what your choices would be for the perfect entourage. Warhol befriended Jim Morrison, Mick Jagger, Keith Haring and more. What celebrities would you love to meet? Who would be your dream team? This isn't about being glamorous, rather, who you would really love to sit down with and get to know.

I started thinking about who would be the coolest group of people to meet, to befriend. I am really interested to hear your list. I love to read about how others think.

My list.... maybe not what you would expect. The people I came up with almost immediately:
Sarah Brightman, Steve Jobs, Madonna, Sylvester Stallone (come on now, who wouldn't want to hang out with Rocky Balboa????), Paul McCartney, Derek Jeter, the Beastie Boys, Jackie Chan, Woody Allen, Masaaki Hatsumi and the Dalai Lama.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm anxious to read your responses!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beyonce, Brad Pitt, Lil Wayne and Big Ben are top of my list!

Cassie Kay said...

Hmm... everyone coming to mind is already dead. Can I make a zombie list of people I want to meet?

Leonardo da Vinci <3
Richard Avedon
John Lennon
Gandhi
Orson Wells

Such amazing people! I'm sure there are other people I'd like to meet, but these are the only people I would be really honored to meet!

Anonymous said...

No zombies allowed!

How about Johnny Depp, Gwen Stefani, Kanye West, Oprah Winfrey and Barack Obama for an inner circle?

Anonymous said...

This is easy!!! Keira Knightly, Megan Fox, Katy Perry, Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton. Okay, I'm a guy, give me a break!!

Cassie Kay said...

No zombies? Darn. Then I want a re-do!

Johnny Depp
Paul McCartney
Ingrid Newkirk
Peter Singer
Woody Allen

What a crazy party that would be! (Not really.) But we could serve vegetarian food to all but Johnny!

Anonymous said...

An all zombie list would make for better company. People today aren't interesting enough. Too much bling and nonsense, not enough substance. There will never be another Mark Twain or Mozart again.

Anonymous said...

If I could have an all zombie cast of characters I would want Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Keith Richards, oh wait, he's still hangin on isn't he? He's zombie enough, I'll leave him on the list!

By the way Mimzie, I'm not really a doctor. Thanks for paging me though. I've been away from this site for a few weeks and now I see that it got pretty crazy in here!

Nice.

Cassie Kay said...

Haha, I love the Keith Richards comment!

James Wodarek said...

I think the zombie party is a great idea. My short list would include Elvis (of course!), Picasso, John Lennon, Charles Schulz, Marilyn Monroe (so I can hit on her) and Andrew Carnegie.

I would need a separate party for Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson, Martin Luther King, Gandhi, Jesus, Buddha, Darwin and da Vinci. They wouldn't have anything in common with someone like Elvis. So what do you think... cheese and crackers?