Saturday, April 4, 2009

Balance

This has been such an exhausting week- too much design work to do, not enough sleep and a whole bunch of coffee to make up the difference. I have been checking in to see what comments are being left, even though I haven't created a new post in a few days.

One thing I noticed about the last few days, feeling overworked and exhausted; there is simply no room left in your head for creative or meaningful thought. That certainly isn't good for your peace of mind. I wonder how many people go through their daily routines in that manner, overwhelmed, stressed and exhausted? It sucks the life out of you.

Don't get me wrong, a good work ethic is important and you always want to give 100% of yourself, but you also need a balance in your life. Here's the key: find a job that you love and you'll never work a day in your life. That being said, I guess my busy week wasn't so bad afterall. I still made it to the gym, the mall and the dojo, had a good bottle of wine and had time for dinner with an old friend.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm a bit geeked out about the new Star Trek movie coming out so I need to find out if it's in theaters yet. If so, that's on my list of things to do. Okay, so I'm a closet Trekkie, you know you are too!

Good night all.

5 comments:

Mr. Spock said...

O-YaH, BiG TiMe TrEkKiE HeRe!!! YoU CaN'T SeE tHe MoViE TiLl MaY 8 ThO!!

Anonymous said...

That's a surprise! I never would have guessed you were a Trekkie!

It's a coincidence you wrote if you have a job you love, you'll never work a day in your life. I have been trying to make a career change for that exact reason. I chose my career based on how much money I could make. Now, I'm miserable and the extra money is meaningless. This is good advice for everyone. I'm trying to make that change in my life now, I encourage others to do the same. It would be a better world if people were happier.

-LM

Frost said...

It's our mentality, to be materialistic. THat makes money more important than all other decisions. A different mentality towards money would create more content people because decions would be based on happiness. We can hope for an improved mental state for the masses, right?

Anonymous said...

I agRee with Frost....

T-Rex said...

Live long and prosper J-Wo, LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!