Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Deserted Island

So...... I am still having an incredibly busy week and feeling quite sleep deprived. It looks like I will have a few days rest for the holiday weekend and then back into the insanity for another week. That being the case, I have nothing meaningful to say! My brain is too exhausted to produce interesting thoughts at the moment. Sorry about that.

If I have ever doubted the old saying that leisure builds culture, I will doubt no more. Rather than pondering the true nature of the universe in terms of cosmic conciousness, today I was thinking about the things I cannot live without, if stranded on a deserted island. What's odd about that? Afterall, you never do know when you might get stranded on a deserted island. So you should make a list too. :)

Anyway, my survival list..... surprisingly, cheese and peanut butter were ranking pretty high on the list. Not the stinky cheese though-any other kind is fine. I seriously can't live without it-I love it. Almost as much as pizza, but I can't make pizza on a deserted island, can I? Shit, wait a minute...I can't refrigerate cheese either. My life expectancy on the deserted island has just been drastically reduced. Okay, let's assume it's an apartment, with electricity.... on a deserted island (of course). That being the case, I'm happy to announce that cheese is back on the list!

Next.... My laptop computer and cell phone, but I don't know if I can call anyone from a deserted island. Would there be reception? Better to have it in case. I would need sketchbooks for drawing and supplies for painting, my iPod, plenty of clothes and a hammer...coconuts grow on islands. How in the hell do you open one without beating it with a hammer? Sunglasses, a wine cellar, beach towels, shampoo, books to read..... that might be it. All I need to survive on a deserted island. I better add a knife, first aid kit, flashlights and batteries. And that's it for me- I'm going to bed.

Good night -Sweet dreams.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you explained what you were going to do with the hammer, because I didn't think you were actually ging to get dirty and build something! HA HA!

Cassie Kay said...

I think you meant to say what you would bring "vacationing" on a deserted island :)

And I had my first whole coconut about a month ago, and it was awesome!

Anonymous said...

LmFaO!!! JiM...U R SoOoOo FuNnY:)

SpIt FiRe said...

Although Jim...I don't think u would NeEd this b/c of the WeAtHeR..but u can't 4-get about ur ReD RoBe..LmAo;) GoOd NiGhT...

Micaela said...

You are sooo cute! Thanks for making me laugh!

AdRiAnA said...

Hey Sweetie, the point of visiting a deserted island is so you can leave it all behind. The computer, phone, ipod...even the cheese! Your a city boy, I think a visit to a spa would be more to your liking!

James Wodarek said...

Okay, so maybe I'm not cut out for a deserted island. A trip to the islands sounds better. And I don't have a red smoking jacket!!

Sorry I don't have a new post for you tonight. I just got home from a night out with Chris Panza-longtime friend and a great artist. It's now 4am, so my head needs a rest- I'll be back later.

Have a great weekend!

SpIt FiRe said...

Haha..O yes Jim...You will!!LOL..It fits you;) HaPpy EaStEr!!