Friday, May 15, 2009

Ted White

Sad news... I just read an email informing me that Ted White has passed away. He was a truly great man and I am honored to have known him.

Ted White was one of my instructors at Seton La-Salle High School. He also taught at Duquesne University and Carnegie Mellon University and had his own program on KDKA television at one time.

He was one of those teachers that gave you an adrenaline surge when he lectured. He made you believe in yourself. I am a better person for knowing him.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mr. White was a very great individual. God Bless you Ted White!

John Scarpino

Schope said...

Indeed he was. A wonderful man.

C.C. said...

This is nice to read and there are so many people who are better for knowing you as well Mr. Wodarek. You have changed a lot of lives, inspired and influenced many people. You are a great person and I am lucky to have known you.

James Wodarek said...

Thank you C.C., that was very kind of you. I'm not Ted White, that's for sure, but I am inspired by him. If I could become a fraction of the man, I would die a very successful person. We all know success has nothing to do with titles and the collection of things. You wouldn't be reading a blog about art and life if you didn't already know that!

Thanks again for your humbling comment and for taking time to read my thoughts and comments.