Saturday, May 9, 2009

Captain Kirk, Pizza and the Penguins

I hope you are all having a good weekend. I had a great day today! It all started with me sleeping in until 11am. Yeah, I know that sounds incredibly lazy and a waste of a day, but I didn't get home until 4am and didn't get to sleep until 5am, so it was somewhat necessary... as was the motrin, ice pack and coffee when I awoke.

So, my day started with a run at the track. It was beautiful weather for it. I spent some time walking as well, and it was just very peaceful to be outdoors again after a long winter and a rainy spring. A little later in the day I went to see the new Star Trek movie. It was unbelievable- UNBELIEVEABLE! I loved it. In the first 15 minutes you get the origin of Captain Kirk. As the plot unfolds, each member of the original crew is introduced into the story as they found their way to the Enterprise. It had all the drama, action, suspense, science and metaphysics that made Star Trek the pop culture sensation we know today. And if I wasn't geeked out enough over the movie, there was a Beastie Boys song in the score!

My day continued with pizza for dinner ( I was seriously craving it at 3am but didn't have it), to be followed by a little shopping and an overtime win for the Penguins! A day of pure happiness!

Hope you are all having an equally fun and relaxing weekend!

5 comments:

The Baldwin Monster said...

Hay J-Bones, didn't know you were a Trekkie!! Did you learn your zombie slayin skills by watching Capt. Kirk?

Your artwork is the bomb!! THis blog rocks, keep it goin, this is killer!

Anonymous said...

Wow! sounds like you had the perfect day for yourself. You should have had that pizza at 3am.

Nostradamas said...

Who would win in a fight, J-Wo or Captain Kirk?
Answer: J-Wo would win with his ninja skills, but Kirk would convince him to join Starfleet and protect the universe.

James Wodarek said...

That's funny, but why would anyone want to fight Captain Kirk? Especially William Shatner- I couldn't hit him if I wanted to!!

As for the pizza, Little Ms. Anonymous, as you know- the only way I was getting it was by taking one that didn't belong to me! What would be more unethical than stealing another person's pizza, especially at 3am???

Anonymous said...

Well CB exactly who's pizza was it??? there was no one else there HA HA.