Thursday, May 7, 2009

Go Pens!

I spent the evening watching the Penguins game. If you know me, you know I'm not much of a sports fan, and you know how I dislike the double standard our society has created to accomodate and excuse the behavior of the growing number of criminal/celebrity athletes (with a third grade reading level no less).

That being said, there are two teams I do enjoy watching: the Pittsburgh Penguins and Italy's National Soccer Team. No woman beaters, date rapists, night club shooters on either team, no Mr. T style rantings after the play... none of the ridiculous behavior that so many people apparently enjoy now.

So I do like watching the Pens (when I actually have the time to do so), partly because I grew up playing ice hockey (and loved it), partly because of the quality of the players, both on and off the ice. Tonight was a great game to watch between two excellent teams. It ended in an overtime win for the Pens-so exciting!

It's getting late though, now into the morning hours, so I need to get some sleep. Have a great day.... and get working on those homework assignments! I am getting some very funny emails about that post. It's okay if you share your ideas with everyone else by leaving a comment!

Ciao!

No comments: