Monday, December 8, 2008

Time Machine

If you had a time machine and could choose any time, any event, anyone in art history to visit- what would you want to see? Who would you want to meet?

I can't decide....maybe see Michelangelo paint the Sistine Chapel, have beers with Picasso, help Matisse assemble 1001 Arabian Nights, hang out at Studio 54 with Warhol's entourage..... it's impossible to pick just one moment. There's also the chance to sit with Van Gogh while he painted outdoors, visit Toulouse-Lautrec at Moulin Rouge, see Jackson Pollock paint in upstate New York in his barn/studio.

I know what I would choose- the opportunity to live as a Bohemian in Paris and witness the birth of Modern Art in Montmartre. That would be an exciting time. It would be an exciting conversation.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see one of the infamous brawls between Van Gogh and Gauguin!

Anonymous said...

I want to go back and meet Georgia O'Keefe.

Anonymous said...

I would want to meet Dali. He was off the hook.

Anonymous said...

It would be a scream to meet Edvard Munch. A scream! Get it.ha! Ha ha!! er, ahem..

James Wodarek said...

That was funny!

Anonymous said...

Hey J-Wo, I love your website. Your art is so cool! You're my favorite artist! Hugs and kisses.

James Wodarek said...

Blush!