Monday, December 22, 2008

Mark Lawrence

It's time to take a look at another artist website. I found a fantastic mixed media artist online that you have to check out. His name is Mark Lawrence and his website is http://marklawrencegallery.com/.

It's interesting that he finds inspiration through faith, specifically in Bible passages, yet his work is abstract expressionistic rather than figurative. That makes his work very different from other artists, and also quite powerful.

I love these artworks- I think I will be looking to buy one when I redecorate next time. They possess great use of color and texture but also maintain a fluid feel to them. They are very peaceful, but still maintain an exciting energy. Do yourself a favor and take a look at his art-really great stuff.

Now have a great day! It's the holiday week, so be happy....damn it!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH....IT ANONYMOUS ME AGAIN, I NEED TO FIX THAT! THIS GALLERY IS AWESOME. I WILL ADMIT WHEN I SAW "BIBLE" I WAS THINKING JIMMY LOST HIS MIND. I WAS SURPRISED. IT IS AMAZING TO SEE WHAT ARTISTS REFLECT FROM THEIR MINDS AND CREATE IT AS A PORTRAIT. THUMBS UP TO THIS MAN.

James Wodarek said...

Anonymous- I may have lost my mind! Glad you liked it.

Funny you are still Anonymous... feeling shy?

Thanks for stopping in again.

Anonymous said...

if you feel like buying me one of those for my graduation...feel free.