Saturday, December 27, 2008

Random thoughts

Last night I had the pleasure of spending time with fellow artists Mike, Ray and photographer Leah, while watching live acoustic music by Dave Pahanish.

Today I made it to the Carnegie for a little while. I have to say, the Christmas trees sucked (note to the Carnegie staff: din't use the laserjet to make decorations). If you know me, you know I love the Carnegie, but I don't know what they were thinking this year. Regardless, any day that includes a visit to the museum of art is a good day, especially when it ends at Starbucks.

Tonight I spent time with my friends at the dojo. I was introduced to sake-not what I expected. The unfiltered sake definitely tastes better than the filtered, but the debris (rice) is a bit distracting. I didn't get home till 4:30am yesterday, so tonight is an early night for me. It's 11:50 and I am already on the computer. Not exciting, I realize, but I'll make up for it tomorrow.

On my drive home I was thinking about money. People are obsessed by it. It's a necessary evil, I know. I think you can call it the new slavery. People are enslaved by money. Think about it. It's true. It's just money everybody. Here's a thought that will put it all into perspective: we're all going to die, no matter what, nothing will change that.

On that note-have a great night everyone-
Ronna- I hope to see you before you leave town (she's brilliant- I just love her to death). Ali- I hope you got your chocolate fix. We'll talk about that whole tattoo thing (probably not a good idea- a bumble bee???), Maggie, I loved the last blog entry- looking forward to the next one.

Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well stated jw. we are all worm food folks.