Saturday, December 13, 2008

Life is better with the Arts

I went to the Nutcracker last night. You know, there are very few things in this world more beautiful than a ballerina. I understand why Degas spent so much time sketching and painting dancers. How disciplined an adult ballerina must be to maintain such gracefulness. What I find most impressive about the performing arts is the passion. Like the visual arts, it's passion for life, for the art, for the subject that makes the impact.

When you go out this weekend, go out and experience the arts. It's good for your soul. Here in Pittsburgh you have your choice of museums, musical theaters, the ballet, a play, galleries and plenty of live music. Life is simply better with the arts in it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you J-Wo!!! If there were more people like you in this world it would be a better place!

Anonymous said...

I just bought tickets for the Nutcracker- thanks for the idea!

Anonymous said...

I saw you in the hive- great art.

Anonymous said...

Art=Life