Thursday, July 30, 2009

Random thoughts and the Beastie Boys tragedy

Hola! I just got home from a night in Waynesburg, PA. I met so many great people, and was treated with such wonderful hospitality. Fantastic people in that town! I also had fun hanging out with friends Nicole and Melissa (glad you're over the whole Jambo thing!). Nicole had a great one liner that I was going to post here...... if only I could remember it. She will have to add it as a comment now.

Other random thoughts before I go to bed this morning..... I was supposed to go see the Beastie Boys this summer. They have dates in cities that are so easy to get to: D.C., Atlantic City, New York, Chicago, Baltimore, etc. and I have a schedule conflict with every freaking date. I'm so bummed. Maybe I can catch up with them in the fall. Grrrr.

Another note- I watched a great movie this past week called El Cantante, which stars Marc Anthony as salsa legend Hector Lavoe. I need to get a copy of the soundtrack- the music is killer. If you like music of any genre, you'll love the film. And as a music film, I would call it a cross between LaBamba and the Doors. If that description doesn't make you want to see it- nothing will!!!

Ok kids- gotta run! I have a few cities in Ohio in the next few days and then I'm off to Maryland.

Ciao!

3 comments:

SpIt FiRe said...

HmMm...J-WO...I have SoOoOoOo MaNy!!! Could it be..Stella got her GroOvE bAcK??? HaHa...I don't ReMeMbEr! YES!!! NO more talking about JAMBO! I'm SoOoOo over it!!! R u feeling a little GuIlTy??? I'm going to partay 2 nite...Remember...It's my BiRtHdAy 2 day??? Have a Grrrreat day! See u SoOon:)Keep it ReAl!Haha

James Wodarek said...

Happy Birthday!!

SpiT FiRe said...

AwW ThAnKS J-Wo!! U R SoOoOoO NiCe;)