Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. 4th of July is always a nice holiday. It's a good feeling holiday. The kind that makes you feel warm and fuzzy! Plus-what beats grilled hot dogs?? Yes, I know there's gross stuff inside... but who can resist??? And then there's the fireworks. The fireworks display in Pittsburgh was fantastic. I usually could care less about fireworks. They bore me to death... unless it's the 4th of July. Then they are significant. Significant and meaningful. What an amazing story and what an amazing group of visionaries the Founding Fathers were.

Who is your favorite founding father? I know that's a nerdy question to ask, but I have always loved American history!! Thomas Jefferson was always a favorite of mine. Architect, inventor, philospher, archeologist, author of the Declaration of Independence, founder of the University of Virginia and so much more. Although, my pick for most bad ass founding father is George Washington.

Always in the front line of a battle, he was the driving force behind the most improbable victory in history. The man was fearless. In a letter to his brother, he described what it was like to be in the front line under attack in this way: "I heard the bullets whistle and, believe me, there is something charming to the sound of bullets." Need I say more? Looking for a good read this summer? Pick up any of the biographies based on Washington's life and then you will join me in saying George Washington is the most bad ass American in history.

Happy 4th to you!

5 comments:

Cassie Kay said...

TJ has always been my favorite, too!

T-Rex said...

Van Buren was one tough dude too.

Frost said...

This is a great post. I also liked the comment on Van Buren T-Rex. I just searched Van buren and found some interesting facts about him. He was one bad Muther!

Dr. Rob said...

The only bad ass tougher than Chuck Norris was George Washington.

Your fav Brainy CHick! said...

Hi James! Love your website and reading this blog. You're the coolest person I know! :)