Friday, July 24, 2009

Pittsburgh Restaurants

To continue the last post ..... here are my restaurant recommendations for Pittsburgh:

If visiting Station Square, Pittsburgh Rare is outstanding. Great view and excellent food. Tell Chef Craig I said hello.

Take the incline up to Mt. Washington, you have more than one excellent choice. My favorite in that neighborhood is Monterrey Bay. Chef Travis can do amazing things, and they have the best crab cakes in Pittsburgh.

Other favorites: South Hills has both Franco's and the Sesame Inn. In the South Side, a little place called the 1889. Great food. Demo, the owner is there almost daily. The Coq Au Vin is no longer on the menu, but you can still order it... and you should, it's incredible.

In Shadyside, I like Girasole and Enrico's.

There are so many great restaurants in Pittsburgh, these just happen to be my favorites.

Now I'm hungry...... Buon Appetito.

2 comments:

Cassie Kay said...

I'll have to check one of these out... after I get my July paycheck! :)

Dr. Rob said...

Thanks for the check list- going out tonight, will try one of these.