Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Salvador Dali Movie

Exciting news out of Hollywood:

Al Pacino will play artist Salvador Dali in Dali & I: The Surreal Story. A June start date is set for New York and Spain. Variety reports that Andrew Niccol will be directing.

Pacino is phenomenal and what could be a better role than the bizarre and flamboyant Dali?? I can't wait.

Favorite artist movies: Basquiat and Pollock. Surviving Picasso was pretty good, as was Frida. It would be nice to see current remakes of Lust for Life and Agony and the Ecstasy. So many great stories to tell.... Georgia O'Keefe deserves a movie, as does Raphael.

There are so many bad movies about Warhol, there should be one blockbuster film that captured his life and career as well. In the meantime, I'm excited for Dali & I.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh what awesome news! I love Dali!!!

Anonymous said...

I love Dali. Pacino will be great in that role. I hope he gets all crazy like the real thing!

rosannemuller said...

Al Pacino is a great choice don't you think?
Wow!ju

Anonymous said...

I love the Jackson Pollock movie. I took your advice a few months ago and watched it and it is now one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

Pollock made me sad. I hope Dali's movie will be more uplifting.

Anonymous said...

A.J. PACINO FUE, ES, Y SERA EL MEJOR ACTOR, EL UNICO GENIO DEL TEATRO Y LA CINEMATOGRAFIA.
SALVADOR DALI? UN MARAVILLOSO GENIO DE LA PINTURA. SI NO ES AL PACINO, QUIEN ?