Friday, August 14, 2009

Perfect Day

It's now late Thursday night, early Friday morning. I just had a great evening. Nothing fancy, but a real nice evening. I went to Bloomfield with my dad for Polish food tonight. My mom is 100% Italian and my dad is 100% Polish, but I grew up with mostly Italian traditions. I had an apartment in Italy for awhile, I went to art school in Florence, Italy, I speak Italian (decent, but not great), but I know very little about Poland and Polish traditions.

Tonight we went to the Bloomfield Bridge Tavern for authentic Polish food. I love pierogi...I know that's just a wierd word if you aren't of Polish descent or from Pittsburgh- but trust me, they're awesome. Afterwards we took a drive into Lawrenceville and I saw the house that my dad lived in until third grade. That was nice. It's a tiny little house on a narrow little street, which made it all the more impressive.

We had shots of espresso at Starbucks before heading back to my place to finish the night with a bottle of wine.

I'm pretty sure this will be one of those nights I will never forget. Sometimes you just know and you don't need VIP treatment, a limo, or the glitz to make a night memorable. Sometimes you need exactly the opposite.

Have a great weekend everyone. Many wishes for happiness to all of you!

2 comments:

The Walrus said...

Good post man. Much peace.

WV Cowgirl said...

Swoon. You are a good hearted person, I really enjoy reading your thoughts. I feel more relaxed after reading about how you think. It's too bad more people weren't like you. Life would be so much easier. You are a great role model for people, especially people who have difficulties in life. You are a very interesting person and you are helping me become a better person by realizing that there is a better way to live and a better way to think and feel about myself. Sorry for the novel, but your blog is like therapy. Thank you.