Saturday, June 27, 2009

Michael, Farah and tattoos with a sharpie!

Okay- lots of random thoughts for you tonight. First, the Michael Jackson news. What a shame- he was an absolute genius. Unquestionably one of the most progressive and talented humans to grace the planet. There was a person with serious demons. He certainly earned the title King of Pop. It's unfortunate that the allegations have tainted what may have been the strongest legacy of music history.

Farah Fawcett- sad news as well. I admit, I had the Farah poster on my wall when I was a kid! Big crush. Not as big of a crush that I had on Princess Leah- but a big one none the less!

So tonight was fun. I was at an event and was asked to sign autographs. Now, I don't know why anyone would want my autograph! But...I didn't refuse. The real fun part was when a girl I know wanted me to draw a tattoo on her arm instead. Now I was in my element! I drew on a few girls-that was fun!!! (on G-Rated spots you pervs!!! I know what you're thinking!!!) It's fun to draw on the spot like that with the pressure of coming up with a quick design that will look cool. Skin is a cool media that I didn't consider before. I should do a whole art show with a sharpie! Live art. I'll have to give that some thought. Maybe I can do something with that on my next opening. I don't like openings to be stuffy. That will change things up a bit!

Okay- gotta run. Everybody have a great weekend.

Ciao!

9 comments:

MAT said...

Let me be the first to volunteer myself for your sharpie exhibit! :)

Anonymous said...

james- i sent you an email this morning. i want you to draw on me!

Cassie Kay said...

I love that idea! I want pop art on my arm!

Anonymous said...

Well...I heard you should stick with your original canvas! ;)

M said...

I am the original canvas!!

Anonymous said...

Guess we'll have to let Jim decide who the real original canvas is!

LoveBug said...

I volunteer!

Anonymous said...

Nah..I think it would be a GoOd IdEa to StIcK with the OrGiNaL CaNvAs!!! But thanks for all the VoLuNtEeRs!!!

Adrian Kasicky said...

if you need tips on tattoo designs, you know you can always ask me haha. im coming up on 19 of them now