Monday, January 4, 2010

Snow: A Love/Hate Relationship

I hate the snow. I didn't used to hate it. I have fantastic memories of sitting at my drawing table, which faced a wall of glass and having snowfall surround me as I worked into the early morning on an illustration or painting. It was so peaceful... I think mystical might be the word I would use to describe it; the atmosphere, the creative process, the flow. Athletes may describe it as being in the zone. I say it's just being.

Anyway.... I still love the snow if I can just sit back and watch it. I just don't like going out there and driving in it. I don't like being cold either. I'm just ready for spring.

Have a good night- drive safe.

2 comments:

Micaela said...

I loved the post but I am also tired of this snow. Looks like we are all snowed in tomorrow. Good day for you to stay indoors and paint.

WV Cowgirl said...

very nice post to read. keep blogging.