Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cartoon Controversy

The Art Newspaper recently reported that the Museum of Danish Cartoon Art in Copenhagen is currently in negotiations to acquire the twelve controversial cartoons based on Islamic Prophet, Muhammad. These are the same cartoons that ignited violent protests across the globe, reportedly killing over 100 people.

So I am wondering... who is the genius that came up with this idea?? Seriously. Do the drawings even belong in a museum? What do they expect will happen once the exhibit opens? I can't imagine the opening being very crowded. I wouldn't attend, that's for certain, but I wouldn't attend for two reasons. First, because it has insulted billions of people of a world religion. Second- I can't imagine a more dangerous place to be. Has the museum even considered security for this? It's a bad idea all around.

That's your art news update for today.

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Cassie Kay said...

Shame on that guy. I would be so ashamed if I caused the death of 100 people and offended millions. Not cool.