Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New This Week

Well I hope the recent post about the Warhol Museum exhibition has encouraged some people to go see the work of Shepard Fairey. I really enjoyed his art - He's the real deal. This is a great show. It makes me think about how powerful Keith Haring was and how exciting it would have been to have lived in New York when Warhol's entourage was running the gallery system. Born too late I guess.

In the meantime, I feel a bit out of touch with everyone. My schedule has been busy lately and I'm not spending time with all of the people I like to be surrounded by. I hope you are all well.

Some exciting things that happened this week: I had dinner with Dave Moody and his beautiful wife Mary. Dave is the bass player of the Billy Ray Cyrus band. Good guy, great musician. Glad he made a trip in town.

My good friend Nick Carrington just earned his black belt in Ninjutsu. That's not an easy task folks. It requires a full day of fighting, testing, disarming and weapons demonstrations ... it's a long and exhausting day. He deserved it. Great guy, great martial artist.

Also... you have seen Cassie logging in here and leaving comments- she's a photographer, and a very good one. She had a photograph published in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette this week. Congrats Cassie!

Other thoughts... this Friday is Light up Night in Pittsburgh. That's a fun night. There is one particular band playing that is worth the trip downtown. Other than that, I am just not getting to the gym AT ALL. I would love to change that, but haven't been able to do anything about it yet. I am making time for martial arts, which is far more important. I will be in New York City in a few days...what's better than that? Okay, don't answer. Tonight I am taking the night off from the life long diet I have been on for pizza and wine, which is well worth it. Next week is Thanksgiving- woohoo!

And that's it! I hope you are all doing fabulous. I wish you happiness and success. Have a great week!

Ciao!

2 comments:

Cassie Kay said...

Aw thanks for mentioning me! :)
I will also be heading downtown Friday night, even though it's my only night off this week, so this band you mention better be pretty damn good!!!!

James Wodarek said...

really now....see you there!