Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Pillow Project

Last night I attended the Pillow Project Second Saturday event in the East End. What a cool night! I went there to see Cassie's photography work on exhibition. Her photos were fantastic- so alive, so honest and spontaneous. Her passion for living and being are evident in her work. I hope she will be exhibiting more often. Creative expression like this should be in the public eye. I will post her web portfolio as soon as the new work is online. She'll be your new favorite photographer... I promise!

Now back to the event... I was there for the photography exhibit, but was pleasantly surprised to find a complete art experience including a live band creating the atmosphere for a performance art piece, visual arts and modern dance all happening at once. Look them up online at http://www.pillowproject.org/ for more information on a very hip group of people. Do yourself a favor and attend one of their upcoming events. What they are doing is good for the arts, and good for Pittsburgh.

2 comments:

Cassie Kay said...

Thanks!!! I'm famous now :D
And I'm glad you enjoyed the Second Saturday performance!

James Wodarek said...

It was a great night. I was very happy for you. Your photography work was fantastic as well. Let me know when that website is done.