Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I miss Paris

SO..... Planning ahead, I was recently discussing an opportunity to go overseas next summer. My first choice was to visit all of my favorite places in Europe. The person organizing this little PR tour is encouraging a visit to Afghanistan/Iraq. Well... 'F that' was my first thought. I'm not going there. Afterall, I AM AMERICAN. They don't want to see me, and, I really don't want to travel by army helicopter through hostile regions. You want me to be target practice? No thanks, I'll pass. I would rather hang out with the beautiful people in Paris, Rome, Berlin, Vienna, Venice.... it's been a long time since I've been to Amsterdam- put that on the list!

Anyway, I think I offended a friend because I didn't want to go to Afghanistan. I still don't want to go. Am I wrong? Well.... not if Paris is on the trip. It's been almost ten years since I've been there last. Does that make me a Prima Donna? I think not.

1 comment:

The Walrus said...

true that j-wo. you gotta be crazy to wanna go there. you might get shot at dude! i agree man; f that!